This week I barricaded myself in my room so that I could write my essay arguing that history tends to make conflicts worse, not better. Fortunately, I'm almost finished and only need to make some revisions tomorrow. I haven't written an essay in 2 years, so I had some trouble getting back into a groove. I had a lot of difficulty starting the essay, and I'll have to rewrite some of the first few pages tomorrow.
When I got tired writing the essay, I'd stare out my window and the garden in our backyard. Since no one has weeded this garden or trimmed the bushes in years, this "garden" is more like an overgrown jungle. It's really unfortunate, but postgrad students have a hard enough time keeping a kitchen clean far less planting and pruning roses or ivy. It's also kinda cool because it makes the backyard feel more rustic.
While staring out the window, I noticed something odd. Directly in front of my window is the roof to the common room downstairs, and green lichen covers the roof. I would think that plants growing on a roof would be bad for the building's structure. Maybe our backyard jungle is starting to consume my flat. Maybe I should have been writing an essay instead of staring out my window.
No comments:
Post a Comment