Saturday, November 14, 2009

Exploring the Canals

After spending my morning and most of the afternoon in a cafe reading for class last Tuesday, I went on a walk with Erin around her neighborhood, including the canal near the Bastille. We met her Julien at a cafe near Gare de Lyon for a couple happy-hour beers plus popcorn (the popcorn made me very happy) and olives (I was kinda hungry, so I forced myself to eat a few). I couldn't stay too ling since I was spending the next couple nights with Betsy in the Banlieue, which was about 45 minutes out of the city center.

This summer I read a food magazine in a doctor's office
that said there were some good restaurants near this canal.
We didn't go to any restaurants around here.
There's a more famous canal north of the Bastille, and
maybe that canal had the good restaurants.

We had a little trouble finding a way out of the canal
because we walked to the other side where
all the exits were locked. Here Erin walked towards the Seine
and found a bunch of homeless people sleeping there
and no exit.

Just a side street between the Bastille and Gare de Lyon.

Le Terminus Lyon- a relatively cheap
cafe next to the gare. We looked at another
cafe, but Erin said it would be more expensive
because they sold seafood. For some reason
even non-seafood items in Parisian restaurants are
more expensive if they sell seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment