Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last night in Paris

My last night in Paris (last Friday) I went back to the Louvre even though I've been there several times. I actually found a section I had never seen before- 18th and 19th century French paintings. I stayed until they closed, which I had never done before. I think they stayed open later than usual so that all students can go for free.

View of Paris from Erin's apartment.

Eiffel Tower sparkling at the top of the hour
with the Louvre on the right.
I took this photo from Pont des Arts.

Some Parisian musicians annoy me,
especially the accordion players on the metro
who use a CD to cover up their bad music.
These musicians were actually good,
and it was nice listening to stringed music
while walking around here.

Egyptian sculpture of a Nubian

"Venus de Milo"

"La laitiere"
Jean-Baptiste Greuze (1725-1805)
Greuze dabbled in moralist art, but
he also had "erotic" paintings that
annoyed critics because they couldn't
pigeonhole him. This painting is supposed
to be one of the "erotic" paintings.

"Magdalena-Bay"
François Biard (1798-1882)

"Les Religieux du mont Saint-Gothard"
Louis Hersent (1777-1860)

No comments:

Post a Comment