A flatmate (yes, I'm going to call them 'flatmates' even though we don't exactly live in the same flat) asked me tonight, "Are you doing anything for Guy Fawkes?" "Sky Hawks?" "No. Guy Fawkes." "I don't know him. Why would I do anything for him?" Once he explained, I understood, "Oh, like in V for Vendetta? Remember remember and all that jazz?"
After making a quick trip to the library, I went to the Castle Sands to see the festivities down there. I took a bunch of pictures while walking there and back, and I've posted them here. Since I didn't know anyone at the Castle Sands and didn't see the point in hanging out with a bunch of 18-year old drunk strangers, I didn't stay there long (though I'm sure staying would have been an adventure). At least I got to see a bonfire and fire twirlers.
Flame twirlers walking around Castle Sands.
No comments:
Post a Comment