Originally, I wanted to get into Paris early to watch some military parades for Armistice Day. I later heard that Sarkozy and Merkel made a joint appearance at the festivities. Unfortunately, I slept in a little too late and missed it. After getting a late start, I went around with Betsy to where she teaches English at a university on the Parisian outskirts. We then went into Paris where we planned on meeting some friends. Along the way our metro had to stop at La Defense because of an accident on the tracks. Betsy explained that these "accidents" happen when someone commits suicide on the tracks or someone gets pushed onto the tracks. Since all the other metro lines from La Defense were busy due to the accident, we explored this area. Basically, La Defense is a relatively new urban area where the Parisian laws prohibiting tall buildings do not apply. It feels like a typical American city.
Betsy and her university.


No comments:
Post a Comment