Monday, November 9, 2009

We'll Always Have Paris

For reading week I decided to fly down to Paris instead of spending the week reading in St Andrews. This is actually the first time I've left St Andrews since I arrived, and I really do plan on reading some books and articles for my essays that are due in a couple weeks. It's nice walking around a city since I spent so much time here while I lived in France from 07-08, and I thoroughly enjoyed eating a croque monsieur for lunch (hopefully tomorrow I'll have onion soup with steak and béarnaise sauce).

In addition to meeting some old friends who worked in Chateauroux with me (who are letting me stay with them- I'm very grateful for their hospitality), I also met a couple friends from St Andrews who decided to meander around Europe for reading week. We went to the Louvre in the morning, and I tried to get in for free because EU university students can get into all the Parisian museums for free. I apparently chose the wrong line. The lady wanted to see something else on me that said "UK" since my student ID only has St Andrews on it. After I left I remembered that all my bus timetables were in my pocket, and those would have shown that St Andrews is in the UK. I told my friends from St Andrews about this trick, and they went to the cashier next to me. They both got free tickets without any problem. I was annoyed. In fact, I'm still a little annoyed. For the rest of the week, my friend Erin and I will go to different museums and see which ones will let us in for free since we're both in EU universities.

Betsy and me (worked in Chateauroux with me)

Gillian, Sarah, and me (fellow St Andrews students)

I didn't see the "no photography"
sign on her stand until after I took the picture.

Photo shoot in Tuileries

Funky statue in Tuileries

1 comment:

  1. What the #@** if she can stand and copy a painting why can't you take the photo!!! Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete