
We should stick to the classic 90s pyramid
and not use the new one.
A couple days ago I was grilling garlic and onion in butter instead of olive oil, and I mentioned to a flatmate in the kitchen how I avoid using butter when I cook. "Why?" "Because it's unhealthy." My flatmate was thoroughly confused. He argued that I needed butter in my diet to be healthy. I thought it was just a fluke, but at least two other flatmates passing through the kitchen agreed. Some flatmates have seen me cooking a lot of pasta, rice, and potatoes and said those parts of my meal are unhealthy because there are so many carbohydrates in them. Does anyone else find this odd?
This new food pyramid confuses me.
The old pyramid made sense- it showed that we ate
what's on the bottom more than what's on top.
This one doesn't have that visual effect.
Why is it even a pyramid?
If the government is going to use proportional
graphs to show exactly how much we should eat,
then why not use a pie chart? Mmm... pecan pie.

Butter is a fat period. But there are some good things in it too. However, if you have high cholesterol then it is a no no.
ReplyDelete