Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Au Pied de Fouet

Last night we went to Au Pied de Fouet at 96 rue Oberkampf in Paris. Erin suggested we eat at this inexpensive restaurant for some traditional French food, and it was a great idea. Normally, I would have walked past this hole-in-the-wall joint that doesn't look too different from any other restaurant on the street. In fact, the restaurant looked more sketchy than the others except for a pizzeria a few doors down. The man who served us is apparently the same man who is there every night, and he was courteous when I didn't understand the question about how I wanted my steak cooked. We all ordered the potato & carrot soup, and my steak and mashed potatoes were good even though the steak was a little more bloody than I expected. I tasted my friend's pasta, which was really good even though she didn't expect a fried egg on top.

Here are some photos from last night:


The group from left to right:
Erin, Gillian, Betsy, moi, and Sarah

The coolest part of the restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment