Saturday, April 24, 2010

We had the option to eat a salad...

Mexican Turkey Burgers- Yum Yum.
There's onion and chive cheesy goodness
stuffed into each one with guacamole and
spicy salsa on top.

Bratwurst with sausages wrapped in bacon.
Why would we even bother with a salad?

Last week a friend had her birthday, but we were too busy finishing exams to properly celebrate it. Ergo, yesterday we had a belated birthday party for her that was originally supposed to be a beach barbecue, but the Scottish weather wasn't exactly sunny and clear. We went to a friend's flat hoping that we could at least fire up a grill in the backyard, but we couldn't even get the coals lit. There was an oven that was good enough, though. I cooked my world-famous Mexican Turkey Burgers (world-famous because I've made them outside the US of A), and everyone loved them. However, I didn't use my usual taco beef seasonings but used chicken fajita seasoning with a hickory barbecue flavor. The burgers weren't as good as I had hoped (mostly because they were cooked in an oven and not on a grill), but they sufficed. One friend brought a huge salad, but no one even touched it during the party. We did, however, fill ourselves with frosted-covered chocolate brownies, sausages, burgers, and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment