Friday, August 7, 2009

Mexican Turkey Burgers

1lb ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 container of chive & onion cream cheese

Mix ground turkey with taco seasoning. Make 6 patties. For filling, put dollop of chive & onion cream cheese on 3 patties. Put remaining 3 patties on top of patties with filling. Grill.

Makes 3 burgers.

Notes: After finishing the patties, I put them in the refrigerator for an hour or so. I’m not sure, but I think they stick together better on the grill if I refrigerate them first. Instead of using ketchup or mustard, I like to put salsa and cheddar cheese on the buns. When I cooked these last time, I made 9 burgers, so I tripled the recipe.

Origins: A good friend, Jack Dean, gave me this recipe, and he got it from a friend. I don't know where that friend found it.





1 comment:

  1. That is just plain rude!! How am I suppose to eat that picture :(

    ReplyDelete