Thursday, August 20, 2009

Three Cheers for Gluttony

James Coney Island, a Houston hot dog chain, celebrated it's 86th anniversary today by selling chili cheese dogs for 86 cents each (cheese not included, which is a little odd because the chili should cost more than cheese out of gun). I don't feel like the store advertised it very well because they only had a small sign outside the door you would not have seen unless you were already going inside. The store looked empty, and not many people were eating chili dogs. I heard about the event last time I visited when the lady at the register gave me a flyer. I kept the flyer and wrote the date on my calender, so I've been looking forward to this for about a month. I followed Ryan's lead tonight and got 4 chili dogs. After the tater tots, I had a Crave Cupcake follow the chili dogs. Later, he was hurting. Oddly enough, that wasn't enough for me. I'm now eating a whole bag of butter popcorn as I write this post. I did run/walk 5 miles after dinner, so maybe that makes up for it all.

A wise man (maybe wise isn't the right word) once said, "That would be cool if you could eat a good food with a bad food and the good food would cover for the bad food when it got to your stomach. Like you could eat a carrot with an onion ring and they would travel down to your stomach, then they would get there, and the carrot would say, "It's cool, he's with me." - Mitch Hedberg

No comments:

Post a Comment