Monday, August 3, 2009

Offensive Segways

While checking my email on AOL, I found this website called fanhouse, and there are tons of awesome sports photos.

Christian Petersen, Getty Images

Let's start with this photo of Kurt Warner with some other Arizona Cardinals during training camp on July 31, 09. There are several things to say about this photo. First, why does anyone on a professional football player need a segway to get around during practice? Second, why are there segways for each player? Third, could they play a scrimmage game completely on segways?

A USA Today article explained:

Many of the players are driving Segways around campus at training camp, from their dorms, to the practice fields and to the dining hall. Safety Adrian Wilson bought his but admitted it might not have many practical purposes when he returns home. "Maybe to make a mail-box run," he said.

I don't imagine any high school football teams will give their players segways for afternoon practices this August.

Kirsty Wigglesworth, AP

Michael Llodra from France collided into a ball girl while playing a match at Wimbledon. He looks like a creepster. She should be upset about him getting so close... after all, he is French. The article I linked above referred to her as "Blonde Erin" as if "Blonde" was her name. It's not. It's just her hair color. Do the English normally do that? "Meet my good friend, Brunette Janice."

Ezra Shaw, Getty Images

Being the pink gorilla in the race almost sounds like fun, except for being a pink gorilla running. I'm not sure how far I could run wearing that outfit before it got too hot. Kudos to him or her. This picture is from San Francisco's 98th ING Bay to Breakers 12k, which is one of the oldest and largest races.

No comments:

Post a Comment