Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Reading- Huzzah



Tonight I finished my required reading for St Andrews (Conflict and Development - Contemporary Peacemaking). Even though these books weren't too long, they weren't really light summer reads like a James Patterson novel (not that I read his works on purpose... not that he actually writes anymore). My summer reading drained me more than I expected, but I look forward to getting into discussions/debates once school starts.



I took this photograph in Democratic Republic of Congo
while volunteering with Rivers of the World (ROW).
We were working with the UN and Red Cross by giving out vaccines.

This village was on the Sankuru River.
I went in June 2002, the summer before my
Senior year in high school.

1 comment:

  1. I use to wonder why we made that trip to the Congo. I heard Ben say once that if you come to the Congo and go back and do nothing then you have had a trying trip and nothing more. That has eaten at me. But, it also motivated me to try and do what little I could do in the Mission field.

    Seeing how you have grown in educating yourself - I now know why we went. God had a plan. I learned and have done a little. But, you on the other hand was who the trip was for. Love you A&F

    ReplyDelete