
Since I really like Dave Barnes, a friend suggested I check out Matt Wertz. As soon as I heard his album Everything in Between, I became an instant fan. This music feels like driving in the summertime with the windows down... not that I drive around with the windows down... after all, I've been in Houston. It's just plain pleasant. I recently bought Twenty Three Places (which is actually older than Everything in Between). It seems that "Everything's Right" is supposed to be the main song from this album, but it's not my favorite. My favorite songs on this album are "The Day Forever Died", "Marianne", "That for You", and "Wesley Why". I love these lines in "That for You":
I'm not made of goldThought I told you soWith your hopes so highI'll tell you one more timeYou'll hear me if you tryI could never be that for youI could never be that for youI could never take your cloudy skies and make them blueYou keep on telling me I light your dayYou're hanging on to every word I sayI could never be that for you, that for you
Does anyone else out there like Matt Wertz or Dave Barnes? If so, are there any other artists like them I should look up?
No comments:
Post a Comment