Monday, July 20, 2009

Blog Genesis

So, here's my first post. I have no idea what's really going on with this website, but I might as well try.

My picture on the left is from a restaurant in Leipzig, Germany. Here's a more recent picture from USS Texas near Houston:

When I attend University of St Andrews,
I'll study "Peace and Conflict Studies,"
so I should learn how to make peace.
I figured I'd see how Americans like to make peace

Here's an explanation for the word "Peregrinator" in the title. I've never actually heard anyone use this word, but I did discover it recently. Here's the definition from the on my mac:

peregrinate |ˈperigrəˌnāt|
verb [ intrans. ] archaic or humorous
travel or wander around from place to place.
DERIVATIVES
peregrination |ˌperigrəˈnā sh ən| |ˈpɛrəgrəˈneɪʃən| noun
peregrinator |-ˌnātər| |ˈpɛrəgrəˈneɪdər| noun
ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from Latin peregrinat- traveled abroad,’ from the verb peregrinari, from peregrinus foreign, traveling.’

Since I have been a wanderer ever since I graduated from college, I wanted a title that would show that. "Vagabond" was another option, but I thought "Peregrinator" sounded cooler... like the "Terminator."

As I said, I'm a wanderer, and hopefully I'll be able to update this blog after I move to Scotland for school. Until then, I'm living in Houston, TX with family.

I'll try to add links to news articles/videos I've been looking at. Here's one for today: it's a CNN interview with the Mythbusters, who say moon landing hoax conspiracies are highly improbable.

No comments:

Post a Comment