
Jerome Simpson makes a catch in
exhibition game on August 20, 2009.
David Butler II, US Presswire
So I had my first draft for the 2009 fantasy football season. I had the 4th pick in the first round, and I made a gutsy move when I didn't pick Maurice Jones Drew (ranked 3rd) and went with Chris Johnson (ranked 6th or 7th) from Tennessee instead . Predicting which one will do better is near impossible, and they'll probably have similar numbers in the end. I just didn't have a good feeling about MJD, so I went with my gut. Here's how the first two rounds went:
Round 1:1) Cybertron Decepticons- Adrian Peterson RB2) Team Hutson- Michael Turner RB3) Team Ramrod- Matt Forte RB**4) Melton Marksmen- Chris Johnson RB5) Rogue Sheeners- Maurice Jones Drew RB6) Team Plunkett- DeAngelo Williams RB7) Team Farley- Steven Jackson RB8) Team Myers- LaDainian Tomlinson RB9) Glue Sniffers- Larry Fitzgerald WR10) Johannesburg Prawns- Drew Brees QBRound 2:11) Johannesburg Prawns- Andre Johnson WR12) Glue Sniffers- Steve Slaton RB13) Team Myers- Frank Gore RB14) Team Farley- Randy Moss WR15) Team Plunkett- Calvin Johnson WR16) Rogue Sheeners- Aaron Rodgers QB**17) Melton Marksmen- Steve Smith WR18) Team Ramrod- Marion Barber RB19) Team Hutson- Brandon Jacobs RB20) Cybertron Decepticons- Tom Brady QB
After getting Chris Johnson and Steve Smith in the first two rounds, I felt like I had done fairly well. Steve Smith wasn't my first choice for WR, but I had pick #17 in the second round, so I figured the top 5 or 6 WRs would be gone before it came to me. Instead I got the #5 and #6 WRs by the end of the 3rd round. Not too shabby.
In the 4th round I still didn't have a QB because I didn't realize how quickly the other teams would start drafting them. 5 were gone before I had my pick #37. I felt like I had to take Tony Romo before all the good QBs were gone. Again, it wasn't the safest move according to the pre-draft rankings because I passed up Kurt Warner (who was the #4 QB as compared to Tony Romo who was #7). Warner went to Team Ramrod as the next pick. Again, I didn't have a good feeling about Warner, but my gut might haunt me later in the season. I guess it's the gut feelings that make fantasy football so much fun.
I'm pretty excited I got Antonio Gates as TE again this season, but there are lot of other good TEs this year.
Here's how the Melton Marksmen look:
QBs- Tony Romo (DAL), David Garrard (JAC)RBs- Chris Johnson (TEN), Derrick Ward (TB), Larry Johnson (KC), Darren Sproles (SD), Donald Brown (IND)WRs- Steve Smith (CAR), Greg Jennings (GB), Hines Ward (PIT), Lance Moore (NO), Percy Harvin (MIN)TEs- Antonio Gates (SD), Dustin Keller (NYJ)D/ST- DolphinsK- Jason Elam (ATL)
I'm a little worried that my RB lineup is a little weak, but we'll see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment