Many things on this trip were a surprise: we toured Tito's bunker; there were Olympic buildings next to bullet-ridden buildings; on St Paddy's day, we went to an 'Irish' pub named 'Guinness' that didn't sell Guinness; British Airways went on strike and changed my return flight. Another surprise came after a long day in Mostar and Tito's bunker. Every night we had dinner together, so I thought we would find another random restaurant near old town again. Instead of going to the hotel, the bus turned away from old town and went up one of the hills because our professor made reservations with a place on top of a mountain overlooking Sarajevo. This is the kind of place where a boyfriend proposes to his girlfriend. Oddly, the owner played Christmas music when we first got there, so we looked over the menu as "White Christmas" played in the background. Later, a band of guitarists played songs for us, including "Maple Leaf Rag." The whole time, we were the only people in the restaurant. Some of us were exhausted and cranky because we had woken up before dawn for the bus ride to Mostar. Perhaps because I hadn't gone drinking the previous night, I had enough energy left to actually enjoy the meal.



The restaurant had a series of tables that overlooked
the city outside. I'm not entirely happy with this
photograph and would like to make several changes,
but I don't think I have the right software to do
what I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment