I love Lost, and thankfully I'm able to watch all the new episodes online legally thanks to Sidereel. This website just gives links to full videos of the episodes, and those links usually lead to Megavideo, which seems mostly legal. In the States I'd be able to watch all of this on Hulu or ABC's website very easily, but here the Americans block everyone in Europe from watching these tv shows online because of copyright laws. Sometimes, companies like Channel 4 will buy the rights to shows like the Daily Show. Other times, I don't know what's going on. Maybe the Americans will sell the rights later and play the seasons a couple years late. I'm pretty sure it's not the same with other countries. For instance, Canada has looser copyright laws. At least that's the word on the street.
The last Lost episode I watched was Ab Aeterno, which tells the backstory to one of the mysterious characters. Of course, I'll spare the details as not to spoil it, but there was some Spanish conversations that made me miss speaking Spanish. One line was, "todos nos vamos al infierno." It was a warning that if a character didn't make the right choice, "everyone goes to hell."
I mention this episode and that line because St Andrews had an eerie/horror-movie like feel the other night. The fog had rolled off the sea and blanketed the city for the whole day. I could barely see twenty yards ahead of me. At night everything had a sinister, hellish feel when the lampposts' light dissipated in the heavy fog and against the medieval and Victorian buildings. Of course, the lights have a sickly yellow or ominous red hue. Here are some photos I took that night:
The city gate by my regular pub,
Drouthy Neebors




No comments:
Post a Comment