Before I started uploading pictures from Bosnia, I realized I forgot to post a picture from the bonfire underneath the castle last week. It's a tradition here to have a bunch of bonfires on the sands in St Andrews, and Castle Sands is a picturesque location even though it feels creepy/eerie on a cloudy and moonless night. On this night, I would have been barely able to see my hand in front of my face if it wasn't for the fire. Bonfires are usually just another excuse to socialize and drink, but there's always an excuse to drink in St Andrews. One of my friends from Texas organized this shindig, but a bunch of local, drunk teenagers crashed the party. We had to teach these non-Americans how to make smores, which was entertaining, especially when the Texans got in an argument with me about how to make smores. They wanted to use a small stick, but I didn't think putting a stick into a fire to cook something was a good idea. One of them accused me of not being a real Mississippian because I didn't cook smores with a stick. I didn't have many options since we didn't have a metal hanger, so I made my smore first so that I wouldn't have to deal with a burnt stick later. I felt like I made the wise decision when I saw one of the teenagers eat his marshmallow right off the stick and got his mouth all over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment