Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Lately, Ali has been the star of 10 Hope Street's Party Planning Committee. Tonight she hosted a pumpkin carving party. A lot of the non-Americans here haven't carved pumpkins (honestly, I've only done it maybe once) or celebrated Halloween, but so many Americans attend St Andrews that Halloween actually a big holiday in this small corner of Scotland. Unfortunately, I've never been a huge fan of Halloween because it means I have to figure out what I'm going to dress up as, and I want to put as little effort as possible into selecting a costume. Someone told me about a shop on Market Street with a cowboy hat- maybe I can do something with that.

So here are some of my "flatmates" carving pumpkins (I actually don't like calling them "flatmates" because we don't actually live in the same flat- I live alone. I share a kitchen with half of them, so they're kind of like my "kitchen-mates"):






1 comment: