The library- the ugliest building in St Andrews.
I've mentioned this place a couple times and
figured I should post a photo of it.
but I don't feel like that picture does justice for how
awful this building really is.
I haven't written a post in the past couple weeks because I've felt rather miserable and didn't want to write a post about a wicked cold. I started to feel better last week, but I never felt 100%. When people who knew about my cold asked how I felt, I just said "medicated." Since I felt better, I figured I was good enough to go running last Friday afternoon. That was a mistake. The cold air and wind ruined my sinuses again, and I've had a horrible cough ever since. Today I bought some cough medicine from the "chemist." When I paid, the checkout lady gave me a voucher for Ruby & Millie cosmetics. She told me, "They have stuff for guys." Really? Like boy-mascara? I probably won't use it because their lipstick doesn't match any of my shoes. I still hate the idea of it going to waste, but if I give it to a girl I'm afraid she'd say, "What makes you think I need a makeup voucher? What are you trying to say? Is my face not pretty enough for you?"
A couple weeks ago when my cold was getting real bad, I was reading in the library and listening to everyone coughing and sneezing. Those sounds made that miserable place feel more miserable. As we sneezed and coughed into the books we were reading, we shared our disease with the next person who would read that book.
The university put posters all over town showing a student cough into his hand. It's disgusting because it shows all the gunk coming out of his mouth. Even though the poster says I shouldn't go to class if I feel sick, I still go. I can't justify skipping class because I have the sniffles and need to blow my nose. But then I'll have a horrible cough right next to the poster. That's a rather conspicuous place to sneeze or cough.
No comments:
Post a Comment