Saturday, October 3, 2009

Crab Poll Explanation

I should probably give a brief explanation for my last poll question, "Where do you keep your crabs?" The possible answers are: A- "On the kitchen floor in a dark corner where people can't see them until they step in the bucket." B- "Under your pillow so the tooth fairy can switch them for a puppy because that's what you wanted in the first place." C- "In your friend's bedroom so that he/she can have company while you're away."

The evening I posted that question, I had dinner at a friend's house where I helped cook the chicken and vegetables a little bit. While mixing the tomato sauce into the pan, I looked at the floor because I accidently dropped a piece of pepper. That's when I noticed a small bucket next to my feet pushed against the wall in a dark corner. There were two huge dead crabs in this bucket, but there wasn't enough water in the bucket to cover them. They were so close to my feet that I could have very easily stepped on them before I knew they were there.

I asked my friend, "Do you have crabs?" Friend: "WHAT?" Me: "I think you might have crabs. You should come over here and check." Friend: "Excuse me?" In hindsight, I should have chosen my words differently. When she saw them, she explained that those crabs must have been her flatmate's crabs. We never quite realized whether or not the crabs were still barely alive or dead, but I think one of them moved just a little bit. I personally think it'd be awesome if they were still alive, got out of the bucket, and walked around the apartment in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment