I left Houston last Wednesday and went to Jackson, MS so that I could visit some friends there before leaving for Scotland this week. It was a lot of fun hanging out with as many people as I could. I found a new mediterranean restaurant in Old Town Clinton named Petra. It was really good, but a lot of other restaurants have been in the same location and failed. I hope it is successful because Old Town is a really cool place. I also went with old college friends to Jerry's Catfish House on US 49 in Florence (it's the huge igloo and is very hard to miss). Jerry's is my favorite catfish joint in Jackson, and it kicks Cock of the Walk's ass. I mean, Jerry's is all you can eat for the same price, and the curved interior walls have a nicotine yellow paint that you just can't beat. Most importantly, I don't have to be careful when I say "Jerry's" as compared to "Cock of the Walk."
Last night (Saturday) I went to Joseph Gill's (my old roommate from the past year) 70s themed party. We had an 80s themed party last October, but this year we had a lot more dancing. Joseph (or Dirty Uncle Joe as we affectionately call him) spent a lot of time putting together a video playlist full of music videos and movie clips. It was a really great party and a good ending to my week in Jackson.
After spending the summer in Houston, I've learned that Jackson's road and highway system sucks. There are a thousand stoplights that aren't coordinated (especially on Lakeland, US 49, anywhere in Clinton), and the Interstates don't connect the destinations very well (especially east of I-55).
Now that I've complained about something no one outside Jackson cares about, here's some photos from "That 70s Party":
Jeannie had trouble understanding the YMCA dance.


No comments:
Post a Comment