Normally, the Blalocks have their family reunion at the Craig's beach house in Crystal Beach, TX on the 4th of July. Since Hurricane Ike took out that house in September 2008, the family postponed the reunion until this Labor Day Weekend. They rented a house right next to the beach. I got to crash the party.
I don't usually like beaches because I think laying in the sand all day is boring. However, I do enjoy the constant breezes and laying in a hammock while reading a book. The best part was throwing the frisbee. As long as I have some activity (like throwing a frisbee, playing volleyball, reading or writing a book), I like the beach, and I had a very good time at the beach this weekend.
Crucial cup of coffee on the front porch
Morning thunderstorm on Sunday
with fishermen driving away.
There were a lot of people driving up onto
the beach. One truck driver got upset with
us because we were playing frisbee where she
wanted to drive, which was between our tent
and the shore (only about 20' wide).
Seriously? I could see her say something
to us. I'm pretty sure it wasn't about how
glad she was to see everyone having a good
time at the beach. Hack.
Sunset from front porch. The Craig's
beach house was not so close to the neighbors.
We could hear them part until late at night.
Sophia (Kirk and Amanda's daughter)
and Molly (Shad and Shannon's daughter)
There were a lot of kids
at the beach this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment