These are a few photographs I took while walking around Edinburgh. They really don't deserve to be part of any specific post because I don't have much to say about any of them. I just wanted to share them here.
I'll give you a quick factoid about Edinburgh, though. During the medieval age when everyone inhabited high-story buildings around Old Town in order to protect themselves from English invaders, the citizens would pour all of their urine and feces, which they had kept in a bucket all day, out the window and onto the street. Since all the streets off of the Royal Mile run downhill, this waste would flow down the streets and settle at the bottom of the hill. Now the Princess Gardens are in this once awful-smelling spot, and lots of people come here for restful afternoons and picnics.

Just above the Princess Gardens and the art museum.
the South Bridge, which is barely visible
as an arch in the distance.
The vaults mentioned in a previous post descend
several stories beneath and around this arch.
I haven't been in this coffee shop, but it's on my bucket list.




No comments:
Post a Comment