+gets+a+touchdown+as+Seattle+Seahawks%27+Cory+Redding,+left,+reaches+for+the+tackle+in+the+first+quarter+of+an+NFL+football+game,+Sunday,+Jan.+3,+2010,+in+Seattle.+(AP+Photo:Ted+S.+Warren).jpg)
Tennessee Titans' Chris Johnson (28) gets
a touchdown as Seattle Seahawks' Cory Redding
reaches for the tackle in the 1st quarter
in Seattle on January 3, 2010.
Even though I've only been able to watch a few games here and there, I was able to squeeze my way into the fantasy football playoffs in both my leagues. Part of it was luck, but I'd like to think part of it was skill. In both leagues I started out poorly but then made a few key moves when I dropped the duds and added some studs.
The biggest weapon in my team was Chris Johnson. In a previous post about the Capitol 501 draft, I talked about whether or not drafting Johnson over Jones-Drew in the first round was a wise choice. It was a risky move because most people thought Jones-Drew would do better, but he averaged 5 fewer points per game than Johnson.
I lost in the first round of the playoffs in the FIST league (won the runoff game, so I got 3rd overall), but I made it to the championship game in the Capitol 501 league. I played Jack, whom I mentioned in the previous post about Five Dudes Brew. He actual drafted Jones-Drew after I passed up the RB and was really happy about it. I feel bad for him because his team fell apart during the championship. A lot of his key players were sitting on the bench since their teams had already clinched playoff berths. His biggest scorer was the Jets Defense, who scored 40 points for him in 2 weeks (normally, defenses score 3 to 6 points per week). I won the game 205-155. This is my second year in a row to win a fantasy football championship. I feel like I need a trophy. Then I could show it off and brag to all my guests about how I'm awesome.
thanks for the boost of confidence melton, but youre team was better! congrats on another championship, and long live the classy melton!
ReplyDelete