Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DC Bucket List

Since arriving to DC, I've been able to do some cool stuff, like seeing a Nats game in Nationals Park, seeing a DC United game in RFK Stadium, going to the Cherry Blossom Festival, eating at Ben's Chili Bowl, going to the Freer Gallery and National Museum of Natural History and Native American Museum, seeing several sites along the Mall including the Vietnam and Lincoln Memorials and WWII Memorial, and 'protested' on the Mall with over 200,000 Colbert and Stewart fans. That seems like a good list of touristy stuff I've done. Still, there's much more I want to do and see. I've created this bucket list to give me an idea of what to do while here in DC. Here's what I've come up with in no particular order.

  • Newseum
  • International Spy Museum
  • White House Tour
  • See Caps play in Verizon Center
  • National Air and Space Museum
  • Capitol Tour
  • Fourth of July Fireworks on Mall
  • Library of Congress
  • Round Robin Scotch Bar in Willard Hotel
  • United States Botanical Garden
  • National Cathedral
  • National Gallery of Art
  • National Museum of American History
  • See view of city from top of Old Post Office Building (I heard there was a good view from up there)
  • Holocaust Memorial Museum
  • United States Archives
  • Ford's Theatre
  • Donald W Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture
  • Run along Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
  • See performance in Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
  • Arlington National Cemetery
  • Phillips Collection
  • US Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima Statue)
  • National Zoological Park
  • Frederick Douglas House
  • Beer-garden my cousin has been suggesting

At least now I'll have ideas about what to do whenever I go into DC. I'm open to other suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment