I've been meaning to make it out to one of the golf courses surrounding St Andrews, especially since the British Open will be only a few hundred yards from my flat in July. I can't say I spent a year here and never tried to play. Before exams finished on the 18th, I hardly had any time to goof off long enough for a round of golf. Well, I probably had the time but would have felt too guilty if I had played instead of read. As part of my post-exam relaxation, I went to the driving range next to the Old Course before the range closed for the Open. Even though I haven't played for 5 or so years, I actually wasn't half-bad: I didn't hit it far, but I did hit it straight most of the time. There's a beginners course next to the Old Course that I might go play soon. There's no way I'm good enough to play on one of the real golf courses around St Andrews.

The Links Practice Center
The Old Course Hotel and The Scores
are in the distance.



No comments:
Post a Comment