Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peter Bradley Adams

I normally don't watch crime tv shows because I got sick of all the morbid scenes from CSI that constantly reminded me of death, but I do normally watch comedies like How I Met Your Mother, The Office (US), Chuck, and Scrubs. I also started watching Peep Show, a British comedy several friends suggested I watch. However, I've gotten tired of the awkward, embarrassing romances that often occur in several of these comedies. That's when I switched to some crime shows that don't portray the morbid scenes as much as CSI, namely Castle and The Mentalist. Both of these shows are more about the characters than they are about the crimes, and they also have a comedic nature. Of these two, I like The Mentalist more because Patrick Jane is a total detective badass like Sherlock Holmes whereas Rick Castle is more of a buffoon who barely helps on the cases.

Not too long ago when I was catching up on all of The Mentalist shows, I watched an episode when a significant character dies. Since I've been paying more attention to the music played on these tv shows after co-hosting a radio show dedicated to this type of music, I took note of one particular song from this episode, "Darkening Sky" by Peter Bradley Adams. I started looking up more of his music, and I thought I should share some of it on this blog since I like it so much.


The Leavetaking album (released 2008) has these songs that I like: "The Longer I Run", "Los Angeles", and "Ohio".


The Traces album (released 2009) has the previously mentioned "Darkening Sky" song that was on The Mentalist.

Maybe some of y'all would like this music, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment