Saturday, May 28, 2011

Electrifying Baseball

Again, a friend had connections to an extra ticket for a Nats game, and I was more than happy to oblige and go. One of the men from his church bought four tickets with a great view of the ballpark from just behind home plate. I wouldn't have been able to afford these tickets otherwise. I'm grateful that I was able to attend this game. I later heard that his wife was thrilled I was going because otherwise she would have had to go and use that ticket.

About half way through the game, a huge thunderstorm rolled through DC so that there was a play stoppage. After the storm passed and the game continued, there was still lightning flashing over the stadium. I kept trying to get a photo of the lightning along with the stadium lights, but I didn't have the right equipment or patience to pull off that type of photo. Only once have I tried doing lightning photography, and I just barely got one good photo from that shoot.

Yours truly with President Teddy.

View from my seat in the late afternoon.

View of a hit from behind the foul-ball net.


I kept waiting for these guys to sit down so that
I could get a photo of the stadium at night,
but then I thought, "Screw it. Just use them
as part of the composition."

No comments:

Post a Comment