Last winter the area in between Baltimore and DC where I've been staying was hit with over 60 inches of snow. It was a record amount. The snow almost completely covered the fence in the backyard. However, this winter there has been very little snow, only a light dusting every now and again that hasn't cause much trouble. Even though parts of the northeast such as New York and Philadelphia have had records amount of snow recently, this area has been either too warm or too dry. After I drove back up to the DC metro area, a snowstorm came through town. Here are photos I took of my car during the storm:

Before sunset I took this photo because I thought
a lot of snow had fallen on my car.
this snow that fell overnight.
to push more snow towards my car.
Never had I ever shoveled snow. In Scotland I didn't have to worry about shoveling the sidewalks or a car, but this storm gave me a chance to learn. There was only about 3 or 4 inches, but it was enough to cause a lot of disruptions in the area, especially since a rain had washed the salt/grit off the road just before the snow began. More problems happened because the storm started while most everyone was still at work and wasn't prepared to drive back home on snow- and ice-covered roads. I heard about some people who had to take more than 3 hours to drive home when the commute would normally take 15 or 30 minutes. Thankfully, the snow stopped and didn't accumulate over several days.


No comments:
Post a Comment