My friend just posted this link on my facebook wall about an hour ago with an urgent plea for me to check it out. This site gave instructions to go to Newsweek's website and press on the keyboard "up up down down left right left right 'b' 'a' 'enter'" as if it was a Super Nintendo game cheat. Then a new official-looking screen pops up with a headline that read, "ZOMBIES ATTACK!" The last couple lines in the opening snippet said, "Residents are advised to barricade themselves in their homes and wait for further instructions. Under no circumstances should the walking dead be allowed in your house." There are several other articles with headlines like "Fleeing the Zombie Horde: What Are Our Options?" and "Go For the Head." I'm not sure how long this will be up before Newsweek takes it down, so check it out ASAP. I did print a copy of this page for posterity.
I'm very grateful I read Newsweek today because now I have enough time to prepare for the zombie outbreak. A few days ago I left St Andrews, which would have been a wonderful town for a zombie outbreak, but now I'm with family in Houston, which probably isn't the best town for a zombie outbreak. I can't think of any defendable locations around here since so many of the buildings are vulnerable with large glass windows, and the 96º F (36º C) weather will become unbearable as power outages kill the air conditioning. Unless I get some gas soon, driving out of town and into the country will be nearly impossible as the 5 million Hustonians scramble for the last available resources. Off the top of my head, I could head to Battleship Texas, which isn't far from here. I could knock out the ramp so that the zombies wouldn't be able to get on the boat. But the large guns don't work anymore, and the ship engines are inoperable so that I can't sail it away if shit really hits the fan. I could find a smaller boat in another port, and that would normally be enough if it had a sail and could get out into the open water or onto a barrier island. Unfortunately, the open water and islands just happen to be in the oil-choked Gulf of Mexico, so the fish will probably taste funny. Normally, an oil rig out in the deep water would be a great option, but it might blow up.
Here's my soundtrack for the zombie outbreak:
Danielle suggested "The Mission," "Heads Will Roll," and "Prom Zombie." I might think of some more later, but this is what I have for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment