A couple family members told me that I never showed them what my flat in St Andrews looks like. It's rather basic and came with the same type of furniture most of the other university flats have. The bedroom is kind of small yet adequate, but I do have my own huge bathroom with a full bathtub. The best part about having my own bathroom is that it's my own fault if nothing is clean. Unfortunately, it usually isn't clean.
Just before I left St Andrews, I decided to give my flat a deep clean. I normally only clean when I know guests (more specifically girls) might be visiting, so it hasn't been cleaned very well lately. Recently, there were a couple barbecues and (real) football games on the beach, so a fine layer of sand covered my floor even though I couldn't really tell it was there. I always find it amazing how I can live with so much dirt, sand, and trash on my floor without being bothered enough that I feel impelled to sweep. Then I wonder why my feet get dirty or how dirt collects at the foot of my bed. I'm also amazed at how much thick dust can collect underneath the furniture, but this is a problem the whole building has to deal with since thick piles of dust collect at the edges of all the stairs and hallways. After cleaning, I was very pleased with myself. I'm sure when I get back there will be more dust everywhere so that I'll have to clean it again. I think that's why I don't like dusting: everything gets dusty in a couple days even though I spent so much time cleaning.

Looking into my bedroom from the front door.
The off-yellow wallpaper is very classy- kinda like the Ritz.

Cleaning the sink is so easy, but I still let it get
grimy so that it's no longer white but has weird stains.
Britain once controlled a quarter of the world's
landmass and a quarter of the world's population.
The sun never sat on this empire.
Yet the British have so much trouble getting the
hot and cold water coming out of the same faucet.
The Italians don't have this problem, do they?
No comments:
Post a Comment