I remember when we called the Saints the "Ain'ts" because they ain't gonna win. That was just a few years ago. They were one of those pathetic teams that no one really followed because we all knew what was going to happen: they were going to lose, eventually. We were excited when they won their first playoff game back in 2000 against the defending champions, St Louis. Unfortunately, they later lost in true Saints' style. Even last season when they had the most productive offense, their defense sucked.
Now that New Orleans is good, I'm living in Scotland where I can only get a few NFL games from Sky Sports in a pub, and those games have mostly been with Green Bay or Dallas. I'm surprised they haven't shown any of the Saints games.
This week I noticed on Politifact.com where Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal predicted that the Saints would go undefeated and win the Super Bowl, but then Jindal went on to say that this feat has never been done in the NFL. Of course, the 1972 Dolphins had a perfect season with a Super Bowl win, so Politifact ruled this comment a "false." I like Politifcat because they seem to be balanced enough and call politicians on their crap, but this article hardly seems worth the time. I know it's a quick comment to check and prove wrong and thus an easy article, but he's just mouthing off about sports. Maybe Jindal should have gone really over the top with an awesome hyperbole. He could have said all Saints wins were bigger than any other victory in sports history, including the Miracle on Ice. It would have been false, but maybe he could have shown his personality and gained support from sports fans.

New Orleans Saints' Devery Henderson runs to the
end zone to score on a 75-yard pass from
Drew Brees during the 2nd quarter.
New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson with
wife Gayle arriving for the New England Patriots game
on November 30, 2009.
I really like this last photo. In Britain, Benson would be flipping off someone. I know that's not what he's really doing, but I'd like to think he is. This way of flipping the bird is such a posh way of telling someone you hate them while reminding them that they're inferior because they only know the American way. I especially like that he's doing this at the Patriots game. Like anyone with good sense, I hate the Patriots. Now, if you're from Boston or the surrounding area, I can forgive you for liking them... sort of. If you're from anywhere else in the country, then your a douche. You're also probably a sell-out Yankee fan, which makes you a bigger douche. I'd like to dedicate Benson's unintended bird for all those Patriot and Yankee fans.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment