Monday, December 7, 2009

Slow down. I'm not used to meeting Johnny Cash in the flesh

Story from this weekend: While at church yesterday, I met a retired minister who studied at St Andrews, so he asked me a bunch of questions about the town. As I answered him, he stopped me, "Slow down. Slow down. I'm not used to meeting Johnny Cash in the flesh." Of course, he had a thick Scottish accent I could barely understand. Later I asked one of my cousins if my accent was difficult to understand, and she said 'no.' Maybe he had trouble hearing in general, and I strongly doubt I sound like Johnny Cash. I also doubt that I even look like him, but maybe I should dress in black and form a cover band. That'd be cool. He's apparently popular over here because I hear his music in the pubs from time to time. I probably hear Cash more in Europe than I do in the states.

I'm not sure whether or not I like these photos I took at Keyshill farm near Ayr. I took a whole bunch of other photos at different shutter speeds and aperture settings, so in a couple days I may like those more than these, but I figured I'd go ahead and put these up on the blog and let y'all look at them.



No comments:

Post a Comment