Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rooster with my Coffee

The rooster that was determined to get inside the coffee shop.

Early one morning I went to a coffeehouse in Ocean Springs, Mississippi to meet an old friend I hadn't seen in about 8 or 9 years. While I was waiting for her to drive up, I noticed a rooster walking around the edge of the building. I looked around to see if there was some kind of farm or chicken coop nearby, but I was in downtown Ocean Springs surrounded by several restaurants and small, trendy shops. Granted, Ocean Springs is not a metropolis, and I'm sure there are people who raise their own animals in their back yards, though I'm not sure why anyone would want disgusting animals living in their back yards when they could just simply buy food at the grocery store. I walked inside the coffeehouse and sat down beside a window and waited for my friend. Then I saw the rooster again circling the building as if it wanted to get inside and couldn't find a way. Finally, the rooster got onto the front porch and then jumped into the window on the front door. It flapped it's wings furiously against the window to see if that would help it get inside. The animal was stunned and began to circle the coffeehouse again. I almost felt like I was in El Salvador or some other poorly developed country. But I was in Mississippi instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment